Thursday, May 11, 2006

SONGS

I wanted to use another song but I couldn't find it. It was by Mariah Carey. It was a song about heros and finding heros in ourselves. But these two songs would work just the same.

The Streets of Your Town
by Andrew Gold and Jenny Yates
sung by Kathy Mattea

There's a red Ford pick up following me
Headlights off, too close to see
I feel you all around
Taking me down the streets of your town

Sweet magnolias just in bloom
Black light decals, quarter moon
I thought I heard a howling sound
Calling out from the streets of your town

CHORUS:

The pavement swells beneath my feet
Its a one-way ticket, no retreat
I'm a walking billboard looking to settle down
One of the Lost and Found
On the streets of your town

Looking at memories for the first time
Traces of what I hope to find
I am captive, I am bound
To keep on walking the streets of your town

Love has no reason, it has no mind
The heart leads and we follow it blind

I 'm a walking billboard looking to settle down
One of the Lost and Found
On the streets of your town.....

HEARTS IN ARMOR
by Jude Johnstone
Sung by Trisha Yearwood

One more day
My heart's in armor
though I ment to let you in
In a an effort not to harm it
I have missed my chance again

I was singing when I freed you
But my pride was just a veil
I pretended not to need you
Now my heart tells a different tale

And every hour that goes by
The harder I become
Because I let that well run dry
Because I left you unanswered

Then like a fool I kept my secret
When it made no sense to try
Now I can no longer keep it
For its late and the moon is high

One more day my heart's in armor
though I did not see it then
I would finish what you started
If I had that chance again


2 comments:

Mia said...

Hearts in Armor makes me think of our birth mothers and wishing they felt that way. sigh.....

Attila the Mom said...

I'm putting this in comments way down here because I don't know of any other way of contacting you.

I really think you should think about joining Bastard Nation. We could use your kind of passion.