Wednesday, January 31, 2007

MOLLY IVANS ~ A TEXAS LADY

I was on my way home and decided to call my best bud in El Paso, King Kranky. I wanted to tell him the news that I would be working with Indiana legislators on a new adoptee access bill. I ask him how he was. He told me that he was down. I, of course, ask why. He asked if I got the IM he sent me. I said No. That is when he told me about Molly Ivans. She passed away today. I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. I could only pray that I could ever be as good as she was.

I have followed Molly over the years. This woman was a fiery red head with spunk to match. Her mind could be viewed in her writing. Her wit was awesome. She described Texas Politicians with comic flare. She describe Texas women to the hilt. She, just like Ann Richards, was one of Texas' Great Ladies. Texas lost a wonderful woman.

Granted she was a Democrat, she did on occasion would charge after the democrats. She called all politicians to the mat at one time or another. As a woman, I could not help but relate to where she was coming from. I bought her books like religion. I was so disappointed when the Wichita Falls Times-Record stopped publishing her articles. I still read her stuff on line when I could. She made you stop and think. She was a down to earth go getter. She was one of my heros.

So Today let us honor a wonderful spunky classy lady. She was a Texas great.

Dear Lord ~ here comes an angel. Bless me with her strength, intelligence, her comic grace, and her spirit so that I can carry her memory with me in my fight. May I do justice with the adoption laws that would honor her spirit. May You wrap her in Your arms with welcome and love. I promise You that she will keep you entertained and on your toes. ~ Amen~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

I hadn't heard that she had passed.

God I loved that woman.