Here is the time frame of what happened.
- K.M. (mother) became pregnant with K.C.J. (child) during a week long visit to Oklahoma around Christmas or in March 2006 with the father, T.C.
- The mother gave birth in Utah on September 8, 2006. T.C. was not listed on the birth certificate.
- The mother relinquished her rights on September 12, 2006 to K.C.J and the child was placed with the abductors on that same day.
- On September 15, 2006, T.C. filed a petition to determine the paternity of K.C.J., his son in the state of Oklahoma and completed the Notice of Commencement of Paternity Proceedings. He filed this with the state registrar of Vital Statistics at the Oklahoma Department of Health.
- The Utah state registrar accepted T.C.'s notice on Septemeber 18, 2006.
- On October 17, 2006, the abductors filed a verified petition for adoption in Utah District Court, alleging that K.C. J.'s biological father had failed to register his paternity rights as required by Utah law.
- On March 14, 2007, at the adoption finalization hearing, the district court declined to hear the petition for adoption because of the pending paternity action in Oklahoma.
- On April 30, 2007, the Oklahoma court issued an order establishing that T.C. was the biological father. However, shortly later the Oklahoma court dismissed T.C.'s petition regarding child custody, citing lack of jurisdiction.
- On June 12, 2007, the Utah district court ruled that T.C. was entitled to notice before any further proceedings could be held with respect to the adoption of K.C.J.
Fathers and Mothers still fighting.
Those Fighting LDS Social/Family Services.
Shawn McDonald who currently has a lawsuit pending against both LDS Church and LDS Social services in Texas
Other parents fighting other corrupt attorneys and adoption agencies:
Craig Lentz/Ibbaanika Bond
Please take a moment and say a prayer for these folks. May God return these children to their parents.
I as an adoptee can not just stop at Adoptee Rights but must continue further. I must protect the mothers and fathers from unscrupulous agencies. Maybe the FBI will stand up and start investigating these agencies and attorneys.