Tuesday, December 30, 2008

AMARILLO BY MORNING

We finally went out of town this last weekend. We do not go anywhere much these days. Finances are tight. We have to watch every little dime that we spend. Things fell into place for us where we could go somewhere.

I finally accomplished many of the things that I wanted to without having the pressures of homeschool and blogging. I was able to do some heavy research for a project that I am working on. I got some good commentary as well.

It has been close to ten years since we were last up in the Panhandle. I wish I had grabbed a friend's phone number as she is a fellow Indiana adoptee. I did not have time to get her information. We lived in Stinnett. Its funny. One of our friend's sons lives in that area. I got to see the Cal Farley's Boys Ranch which is one of the sponsors of the craft portion of the rodeo. It is a really nice place. I was impressed. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere. The Canadian River runs just south of it. We went skeet shooting up there. Both of my daughters learned to shoot a small .22 rifle. I also shot a .20 gauge shotgun. I am not impressed because it jerked my shoulder around quite a bit. It just took once. My husband love it though. I helped one person load their shotgun. She shot pretty good. I was impressed with her shooting. No we did not shoot any animals just skeet.

We ended up bringing home their dapple doxen. He is just plain adorable. We will have to get him neutered. He is very well house trained. Now my kitten Vince says that he just don't like him. He tried to tell me that we can not afford another dog. He also did not like my hair cut. I trimmed seven inches off my head of hair. He liked nursing in my pony tail. Now there is no pony tail. It was the best thing that I ever did for myself. I thank my hair stylist, Sue. She cut it just right and to the shoulder length that I wanted.

So now that Christmas is over, it is time to get back to work.

No comments: