Tuesday, December 02, 2008

JUST BUGGING ME

I know. I know its all been hashed around and discussed. It just bugs me. They are still ranting about President-Elect Obama's Certificate of Live Birth. They don't think to ask an adoptee about this vital issue. Can you hear them chanting in the background,"Of course, you forever child, you must shut up and never speak out." Well I am not that way. I will speak out. You ain't gonna get the long form of the birth certificate. Get over it. Why not wait until he is in office and attack his policies then?

Welcome to Fantasy Island:

Picture this if you will. Yes let your imagination roll across the hills, mountains, and sweeping plains on this fantasy. President-elect Joy, President-elect Marley, President- elect Gershom, President-elect Sabina, President-elect Addie Pray, President-elect Improper Adoptee, President-elect Ungrateful Little Bastard, and many other colorful adoptee characters on the internet. What do we all have in common? We are adoptees. We have amended birth certificates. Well can you imagine one of us being elected president? Can you imagine your adoptee being elected president?

Now if President-elect Obama has issues with his birth certificate, can you imagine what we would have? Can you imagine what hell they could come up with our birth certificates? I can not even prove which hospital I was born. Let alone if I am an American citizen. There wasn't any birth announcements for me. There wasn't even any adoption announcements back in our day. Everything had to be hush hush. They told our parents to treat us "as if" we were born to them. Some of them might have even been told not to ever tell us. Our adoptive parents were not allowed to ask questions. Our natural mothers and fathers wisked away before they could see their child.

Can you imagine whatever political party just lost power over the White House and Congress throwing the same kind of hissy fit? Would they believe that we could not access our original birth certificates? That no one can have access to that important and secretative document? Would they file lawsuit after lawsuit as they have done to him?

I wonder though if any of us ever become President, would they deny us that original birth certificate then? Would they tell us that we had to get our natural parents' permission and our adoptive parents' permission to grant us that wish? Can you imagine doing that to a president? Somehow I could see them doing that. I could see some old biddy telling the President that he had to ask for permission from both set of parents.

Awwwwwww what a delightful country we live in. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

3 comments:

Marley Greiner said...

I've been commenting on this on rightwing nutbar blogs and websites, but nobody pays any attention to me. We all should run for president.

Amyadoptee said...

You know I thought that I was the only one who did that. I know of an adoptive parent who has referred people to a blog post about it. I wonder how many people have done the same with Sabina. She has a blog post about it as well. I give the fuck up sometimes with these nuts. Its not just the right wing nuts that are doing this. Its the left wing too. It started with Berg who was a serious Hillary fan.

Anonymous said...

It just won't do. Like the Thurber lady said, "Mere proof will never convince me."