Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ABUSED AGAIN?

It never ceases to amaze me how the CPS departments are allowed to continue. I read this article earlier today and was shocked. An adoptive parent was allowed to adopt again when she abused a child years ago. It happens though. We as a society are not doing right by the children now.

Here is the story and the link.

Woman Bothered By Accused Abuser's Access To Children

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 09:42 PM

SPRING HILL, Tenn. - Five years ago, a Spring Hill woman convicted of child abuse.

Shelley Blair is now under investigation for child abuse after police found her two adopted children wandering a busy road. The children were bruised and malnourished.

"I think about her all the time. There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about her," said a woman who said that Blair abused a 7-year-old girl years ago.

The woman, whose identity was not revealed on television, said she recognized Blair from recent stories about the two children

The woman, known as Amanda, said she felt "heartache, sadness and scared" for the girl from years ago.

Police said Blair's two adopted children were found on Spring Hill Road.

Amanda said the child she saw weighed 35 pounds. She said she could see the child's bones, knee caps.

Suspecting abuse, Amanda asked her to take off her tights. She said bruises on the child. When police arrived, they took the girl right to McDonald's where she "ate three chicken McNuggets' Happy Meals."

In 2003, Blair pleaded guilty to three counts of child abuse.

Amanda said Blair needs to be imprisoned because of the recent allegations.

She said she wanted to take the 7-year-old home five years ago and is still open to help her.

"I hope the little girl gets the love she needs," she said, adding that "my door is open for her."

Police did not say whether the girl from 2003 is the same little girl in this case.

The girl rescued by police earlier this week was released from the hospital and police interviewed her Monday. The Tennessee Department

1 comment:

The Improper Adoptee said...

My AM never let me eat alot. Yeah, we had the 3 squares but rearely let me have sancks and we couldn't have dinner until 7. I was a very thin child and teenager. She would make me very drink sour milk with floaty things in it too. If I didn't like something she made, I would have to eat it even if I vomited in my mouth which I did eating zuchinni(which strangly tastes like sour milk to me). I'd have to swallow it of course and continue eating it-one time I let loose on my plate and was sent to my room for the rest of the night. She loved zucchini and I hated it and I told her that and asked her if I could just have something else since it made me sick. She never let me. I was forced to eat it. For years until I didn't live there anymore. To this day when I see zuchinni in the store I glare at it. I am sorry for this poor little girl-I am glad she is out of there-as much as I hate social workers, I wish one got me out of the house I had to live in. But damn them, for letting this lady Adopting again-I think they do that just to continue the facade that AP's are better than Real Parents and can do no wrong. Right....