Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HOLT INTERNATIONAL ADOPTEES BEWARE

To further help Holt International adoptees, this notice came to my attention. They say that they will help you but guess what? They don't. It is not really surprising. Adoption agencies do not want to stop the influx of children. They want to continue in the corruption of our records.

Here is the notice:

Holt Renigs on Promise

-one document was found addressing two abandoned children:
-the document is not officially stamped
-the document has seven items which address them sometimes
individually, sometime together
-transferred on the same day
-from the same place
-same sex
-same age
-the were given provisional names due to being abandoned
-they were later given consecutive Holt orphan numbers,
#4708 and #4709 (which every Holt orphan exhibits on their little
square photo)

There is a remote possibility the girls could be related.

Holt International located the girl's files and promised to contact
her. After conferring with Holt Korea, they have rescinded their promise.

Read her letter to Holt International below:



Steve Kalb of Holt International,

I entered into this search process not unlike most every other
adoptee, naively thinking Holt would help me out as stated on your
website. However, this process, though friendly, has been
continuously frustrated by your methods.

* First, your organization told me you could not provide assistance
because I was abandoned and there was no identifying information. Sorry.
* Then, I received my child records, which are my legal right, only to
find there was important information in my records.
* When pressed to receive my FULL record, which is my legal right, and
which includes the records in Korea, I was told they were the same as
the records at Holt International in Oregon.
* Then, I was told that assessment of my Holt Korea records showed
there was no identifying information so you couldn't help me. Sorry.
* When pressed about what Holt Korea was looking at, I was told it was
just one page in a log book and there was nothing important. Sorry
* Only after persisting did your organization relent and send me
copies of my Holt Korea file and it proved to have two documents
instead of one. The second document was most definitely very important.
* There has been nothing but excuses and delays in a proper
translation of this important document.
* When I asked to put my request for contact with Holt orphan #4709 in
her passive registry you told me you could do better and facilitate
contact. You have broken that promise.

Once again, you are acting as arbiters of what is and isn't valid.

It is my understanding that two children on one document is NOT COMMON
as you state.

I find the argument that we can not possibly be related due to having
different family names UNACCEPTABLE, as it states right on the
document that we were given provisional names. Since both our names
were fabricated, then how can you use a difference in names as the
argument for BREAKING YOUR PROMISE to facilitate my contact? how can
we trust any of the other data, such as age? If Holt Korea now says
we are six months apart, How do we know that is true if our NAMES were
fabricated? How can you discern fact from fiction when there is no
known facts but known fiction? How can we trust your organization
with an abysmal track record like the history outlined above?

Your repeated frustration of my search efforts continue to be based
upon illogical premises and this frustrates locating a possible family
tie that could be re-established, independent of a mother's desire to
remain anonymous. If this frustration is not intentional, then there
is gross ignorance and ineptitude on the part of Holt International.
You can DO BETTER. You have not handled my case well. You can do AS
YOU PROMISED and facilitate contact with girl #4709, since you DO have
identifying information for her, so that we definitively - and not
just based on your doubts - rule out that she is my sister. This is
not a matter of CAN you do it. This is a matter of WILL.

Holt orphan #4709 may very well not be my sister, but it is ridiculous
to not bother to find out. There is nothing to be lost by contact and
everything to be gained.

I had no beef with your organization prior to this, but this charade
of what you call assisted search has inflamed my attitude towards
Holt. It's not too late to actually provide what you say you do. And
KEEP YOUR PROMISES.

Once again, I must remind you that my entire search process is being
shared publicly and is transparent on this end, even if it isn't on
your end. The more you make my search more difficult than it has to
be, the less flattering it is for Holt International. And this is
key, Mr. Kalb - you could have spared all of us a lot of irritation
and bad humor if you'd just ponied up all my documents up front from
day one and reviewed them with an investigative eye to TRULY assist
me. I don't understand how continuously trying to send the adoptee on
their way empty handed helps your case.

I would like to close my dealings with your organization on a positive
note. Please give me reason to do so.



ADDED:
For detailed information on how to decipher Holt's Post Adoption
practices, and what you can do to prevail, read the permanent page
Be Tenacious - How to get your identity back

http://holtsurvivor.wordpress.com/be-tenacious-how-to-get-your-identity-back/


If you have any information regarding orphan #4709, please contact
al.most_human@

No comments: