Wednesday, March 08, 2006

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS VIOLATIONS PART 2

As I read other blogs posting on this issue, I hear that more states are going to these types of laws against abortion. All I can say is this - HAVE WE LOST OUR FREAKING MINDS? I wonder if the AMA is going to get involved in this battle. Surely they must. These laws are forcing doctors to violate their hippocratic oath. These laws break patient confidentiality. Doesn't anyone realize that women's records will become public record? PLEASE TELL ME THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS AS A THREAT TO MY PRIVACY AND THE REST OF AMERICAN WOMEN.

In one state, Tennessee, is pushing a bill that requires a woman to go to the man who got her pregnant to get his consent. So now a woman has to go to her rapist to get his consent. She also has to file a complaint with law enforcement concerning her rape. What if it was date rape? How in God's green earth is she going to prove that? Heck, she gets the blame when that situation happens. It has been proven time and time again. Look at a court case where a 16 year old girl was drugged and raped using a couple types of instrumentation. This was all on video tape. The guys involved thought it would be cool to rewatch this I guess. Someone found this videotape and turned over to the police. The police thought this girl was dead and it was a gang necrophilia type of thing. In the first court case, the defendents were found not guilty. First the girl is 16 and second she was drugged to complete and total unconsciousness. That in my mind is statuatory rape. You know what the defense attorney did. They blamed her. I guess in her past she had sex with one of the defendents. Fortunately justice did prevail during the second trial. So because a woman has had sex with someone in her past, that entitles the man to have sex with that woman for the rest of her life. To even go farther, he can drug her and have sex with her without her consent. What is really sad is these same kind of legal arguments are being used on young girls. ARE WE AS WOMEN AND CHILDREN THAT STUPID AND WORTHLESS? I DON'T THINK SO. ANY MAN FROM MY PAST WERE TO TRY THAT AND THEY WOULD BE GREETED BY ME, MY HUSBAND, MY PITBULL, AND MY 410 GAUGE SHOTGUN.

Its funny you don't see too many laws regulating a man's sexual body parts. There is no society that condemns a man for having sex before marriage. There is no law forcing a man to have sex. There is no law forcing a man to honor his obligations. Now don't get me wrong here. I am the first female in line when it comes to men's parental rights. Yet no one forces a man to honor the obligations he helped create. It is not woman alone that creates children. It takes two to tango and make a baby.

It seems that our society is still out to condemn women and children. I still try to hold out hope for us. I got an email today that reflected that hope is still hanging on even if by a thread. I sent this email to all my family, my birthmother friends, my adoptive parent friends, and other fellow adoptees. The essay was written by Dawn Friedman. It is a truly gorgeous read. This woman who became an adoptive parent shows the ultimate respect to both her child and her child's first mom. The addy is http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/03/08/open_adoption/ Dawn, as a member of the triad, I thank you for your respect. Your article made it to the Concerned United Birthparents group. I also sent it to one of my birthmother friends. She thought it beautiful and it brought tears to her eyes. Keep writing woman we need more people just like you.

I have read the Bible several times over. I have spoken with a preacher friend of mine as well. God did not intend for womankind to be treated with disrespect and shame. God gave us sex to enjoy. I mean all of us, man and woman. God and Jesus even said not to judge. Are we going to allow people to continue to judge us? People who have not idea what our individual lives and stories are about. Not me. Laws like South Dakota's Abortion law put women and children back into the dark ages. I don't want my mother, both birth and adoptive, my sisters, both birth and adoptive, my aunts, my grandmother, my daughters to face invasion of privacy issues for some rightwingers' belief that all women are wanton. I don't want my brother, granted he doesn't know me, who is becoming a medical doctor to face breaking his hippocratic oath or worry about his patients' right to privacy.

WE NEED TO FIGHT BILLS AND LAWS LIKE THIS. IT IS A VIOLATION OF BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. WE AS WOMEN ARE HUMAN TOO. OUR CHILDREN ARE HUMAN TOO. MEN ESPECIALLY THE RIGHTWINGER NUTS OUT THERE ARE NOT THE ONLY HUMAN BEINGS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Write everyone you know. Make it known that this type of government policy is not acceptable.

No comments: