Thursday, March 15, 2007

FROGGY KIND OF DAY

I just knew it. I wasn't going to work out like I wanted. I did talk to the nurse from the doctor's office. Cholesterol is most definitely up. That is a known. I have had problems with that all my life. Blood pressure though has always been good until I stress out. Some days it does not take much. I also have an appointment with an OB/GYN. I hope this doctor gets what I need.

After the girls and I left the house, I am about to drive off our little hill. We had some fog in the area. I was amazed by the quiet moment I had. Yep the even with the girls jammering in the back ground. I stunned by the way the land and country around me keeps quietly going on. I see the pumpjacks at the foot of our hill silently moving up and down. Every thing is beginning to turn green. It is so peaceful and serene. Just for that moment, I was stopped in time. I wonder how many people actually get stumped by the beauty of the land. Cows eating serenely. Sun glistening in the dew. Sometimes I wonder if those drops of dew are God's diamonds. For that moment, all was quiet and calm in the world. I knew that I was going to have a good day. I am so grateful to be part of a ranch that is steeped in history, culture, and living.

For the most part my day was good. My calls were pretty good. I am confident that I made my stats. I had some real goofy calls but I keep my humor with them. Yep I even had some good old fashion cussing folks who don't want to pay their bills. Most folks do want to though. They are the ones that make my day go easier. I do my best to protect the company's interests yet also protect the consumer's interests as well. I love doing customer service. I just don't like handling money. Customers though they are pretty cool.

I wish politicians would get it. All we ask is that you listen to us. We, the adoptees, the natural parents, and the adoptive parents, are the active participants in adoption. What we are asking is that you, the politicians, the adoptions agencies, the state agencies, the attorneys, and their lobbyists to slowly back away from the records that rightfully belong to us. It is our business. Let us tend to it. Do you try to control gays and what they do with their private lives? Do you try to control non adoption related families and their private business? No you don't. I can fare better with my own first mother than one of your representatives. I have researched her feelings, her trauma, her shame (that you have inflicted upon her), and her thoughts. I can treat her with more loving kindness that you can even begin to imagine. Like this beautiful foggy morning, I would tremble and be humbled by her mere presence. All I ask is that you give us the human right, the human privacy, and the human dignity to handle our lives as WE would normally in the non adopted sector. Quit criminalizing our desires to know one another. Just as my adoptive mother is my mother so is this woman who gave me life. Lift the veil of secrecy and shame from us. The only way to do this is to open the records. Let us conduct our lives as we choose. My only crime on this earth is to be born.

No comments: