Thursday, May 22, 2008

THE OTHER MOTHER

I finally saw the movie on Lifetime. Its Carol Shaffer's story. Its very triggering for me to watch it. The Ascension Home had me glued to my seat. I think the way the movie portrayed her stay there was probably kinder than what happened in real life. I am sure the road blocks afterwards were much tougher as well.

Lord knows we can't have the adoption industry portrayed too badly. LMAO. It was a great movie. Its nice to hear the story of one of the great mothers. It brought tears to my eyes. I love the scene with her mother when she confronts her mother about the adoption. She really lucked out with the counselor as well. I have heard more complaints about therapists. The last one I visited I spent too much time educating.

I would like to purchase this movie eventually. It was a good one.

No comments: