Saturday, July 05, 2014

Mission Trips and My Girls

Today it was difficult.  I had to take my oldest daughter to the Houston International Airport very early this morning.  I know that she will be fine because she is with members of my life group.  She is going to Costa Rica for the first time.  She is seventeen and so independent.  I am so proud of her as well.  I know that she will be fine but I am a mother and such I will worry.

I love the Extreme Makeover people.  They gave me a bridal shower where I received so many wonderful gifts for my new home and my new life with my husband.  They have been so supportive of me.  I have learned so much from them. 

Oh that is right.  You guys haven't met him, let alone hear me talk about him.  I got divorced four years ago.  It was the best thing.  He was already emotionally cheating on me with his new wife.  He was abusive and an alcoholic.  My life is totally different.  I have a brand new home.  Yes brand new home.  I got my VA disability and that allowed us to purchase our home.  We moved in ten days after our nuptuals.  We have had our ups and downs as any couple but it has been wonderful. 

I met him while working for Time Warner Cable.  I was a cable installer and he was a maintenance tech.  Yep I was the token bitch for that office.  I laugh because most of the guys treated me like one of the guys.  I learned the most about cable from my husband, then coworker. 

Life has been good.  I can't complain.  I have decided to begin my search again. I have a little bit more information as I had both of my birth parents contacted.  It was the same as before with my birth mother.  Sadly it was the same for my birth dad.  It could be for several reasons.  I will be covering that and other escapades.

No comments: