Thursday, November 06, 2008

THE ELECTION IS OVER AND OBAMA WON

The religious right will not have control over a woman's body for the next four years. That I am grateful for. I do not want the government to tell me or any of my daughters, sisters, nieces, mothers or any other female what they can and can't do with their bodies.

I am not typical liberal either. I do believe in gun rights. The reason being is that I live in the country and there is a need for a gun out here. We have to protect livestock and the horses. We do have folks who think they can run drugs on this ranch. Its real bad when its way out in the middle of nowhere. We have coyotes (one of which took down one of our cats), bobcats, rattle snakes, and wild hogs. These wild animals have been known to take down a horse or cow.

The other proposition that I am thrilled that it failed was the Personhood Initiative in Colorado. This bill was so bad that it got Colorado's Right to Life kicked out of the Mainstream Right to Life. I have had the nutters try to intimidate here on this blog.

So for now we can celebrate. Obama won. We as a country however have a hard road ahead. Let us all join as one and get our country on the right path.

No comments: